1:16 scale resin tank girl

Member's Area Reader's Models
Photo's of Member's modelling projects and images of the completed articles

1:16 scale resin tank girl

Postby Swede » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:04 pm

This is a kit from the Russian company Armor35, that produces various 1:16 scale resin kits. I found this one in a German forum and I liked it from the first second that I saw it.

I've spent one month, or about 20 hours, painting this resin figure, which came in nine parts, namely the Jerry can, the jacket, a MP40 and the figure itself. She consisted of three parts - two arms and the body itself. My personal view is that the body should have consisted of two halves, cause that would have made it a lot easier to paint the details at the waist line.

I replaced the Jerry can that came with the kit with two other ones from a kit that I bought two years ago or so and decided not to use the MP40. Instead I'm going to add a belt with a pistol holster after my 1:48 scale Boomerang is finished and after that maybe build a small diorama around this figure.

This is only the second figure that I really have put down a lot of work on, and during the build I've tried different painting techniques and really have improved a great deal on my figure painting skills. Above all I've learned a lot on how to paint skin and make it look some what realistic.

The food in the can, the very same type that I had when I did my military service 20 years ago, is supposed so be pea soup.

The scenario in my case is that the German army in 1945 are running short of men to fill the ranks and therefore is employing women for duties such as driving tanks, which is her job. I imagine that she has been awarded the iron cross because she has driven over a Soviet' anti-tank gun or something similar.

Anyway, I hope you like my What if interpretation of this German army tank girl.

Cheers, Morgan // Swede
Attachments
Tank Girl 01.jpg
Tank Girl 01.jpg (130.11 KiB) Viewed 900 times
Tank Girl 02.jpg
Tank Girl 02.jpg (130.63 KiB) Viewed 900 times
Tank Girl 03.jpg
Tank Girl 03.jpg (138.9 KiB) Viewed 900 times
Swede
Beginner

Re: 1:16 scale resin tank girl

Postby surfsup » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Very nicely done.....Cheers Mark
If I was your Wife I would poison your Tea
If I was your Husband I would drink it

Winston Churchill
surfsup
Devotee

Postby qfa_tsv » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:56 am

I know very little about figure painting, but that looks really good to me
Graeme
qfa_tsv
Devotee

Postby Swede » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:48 am

Thank you!

I appreciate that!

And to my great joy I've also found out that I actually can take part in the contest announced by the German plastic modelling magazine with this figure, which means that I've decided to complete the belt tonight.

It also leaves me completely without any time pressure to complete the 1:48 Boomerang build, that I've only been planning this week. Next week is the planned build start.

I'm submitting a pic, that shows the small size of the figure compared to a lighter. It is not very big.

Cheers, Morgan // Swede
Swede
Beginner

Postby Swede » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:40 am

Found the kit in an Australian online shop:

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/model-figures-armor35-arm16014-1:16-fantasy-german-tank-girl-vol-3

Cheers, Morgan // Swede
Swede
Beginner