Monogram Piper Tri Pacer Finished!

Member's Area Reader's Models
Photo's of Member's modelling projects and images of the completed articles

Re: Monogram Piper Tri Pacer Finished!

Postby ericg » Fri May 10, 2019 11:19 am

I was able to take the Tri-Pacer across the other side of the country on the weekend to attend the model show in Perth. The highlight of the trip was being able to take to the air in ‘Oscar Lima Delta’ for a joy flight with Phil, the owner at the controls. It was pretty cool to fly across the continent in a Boeing 787 then jump into an aircraft 60 years older a few hours later, a very different contrast of technology. Phil was pretty stoked to see the model of his aircraft, but not as stoked as I was to be able to enjoy the smell of AVGAS, the noise and feeling of actually flying in something that I have recreated. I was lucky enough to meet Matt and his family on the weekend as well. Matt’s father Robin was the person who restored VH-OLD into its beautiful current state after it was written off as per pictures earlier in my thread. Robin is visible standing behind the tail of the partially rebuilt aircraft in an earlier photo.

Enroute to Western Australia.

Me looking pretty bloody happy upon introducing the two different sized aircraft. (And relieved that the blue paint colour was in the same ballpark!!)

A sense of scale

1500 feet AGL and loving it. Phil kindly agreed to allowing one of my best mates Tony to come along for the ride.

Phil with model. I think we worked out that I had forgotten to scratchbuild the IPAD mount in the model. Otherwise, Phil was pretty happy with it!

Matt and family pretty happy to see their father and grandfathers hard work recreated in miniature

Post flight debrief with Tony at the RACWA bar.

An enjoyable and cherished memory.

ericg
Devotee

Previous