1/32 CAC Boomerang

Member's Area Reader's Models
Photo's of Member's modelling projects and images of the completed articles

Re: 1/32 CAC Boomerang

Postby ericg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Some more work. 

The ignition wiring is depicted as a rather frightening photo etch part. I could tell that this was going to be too much work, as well as lacking the 3D look more appropriate to models in this scale. 

I cut off the ignition leads and used the photo etch as a template glued to some thick plastic card and shaped.

I then drilled some holes and glued in some copper wire

Almost completed engine.

I have used the excellent RB Productions Sutton harness. A little tricky to assemble but they look really good. I modified the lap belts as they aren't quite as complicated on the real aircraft  as they are meant to be assembled.

I cut off the kit grip and remade it from some copper wire with very fine copper wire wrapped around it. I also added the two gun buttons.

The almost completed cockpit. I added some instrument wiring from copper wire.

ericg
Devotee

Postby Kahunaminor » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Lovely craftsmanship,
The effort is certainly paying dividends. The wiring harness looks great.

Regards,
Kent in Oz
Bench: 1/48 Eduard Bf 109E-7, Libya, 1941; 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk XVIe
Completed: 1/48 SH CAC CA12 Boomerang; 1/32 Eduard Bf109E-4; 1/48 Eduard Spitfire Mk IXc;1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-6;1/48 Eduard Fw190A-8.
Kahunaminor
Devotee

Postby ozhawk40 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Excellent work! I like the improvements you are doing.

Cheers
ozhawk40
Beginner

Postby gapcio_11 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Hello, I am interested in one such instrument board, I have a question how to order it and one more question is it even possible to order one set of nozzles for Meteora in 1/32 contact me daniel_pach@interia.pl Best regards and congratulations on the beautiful work of Daniel
gapcio_11

Postby Brenden S » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:09 am

Well done
Brenden S
Devotee

Postby ericg » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:02 pm

gapcio_11 wrote:Hello, I am interested in one such instrument board, I have a question how to order it and one more question is it even possible to order one set of nozzles for Meteora in 1/32 contact me daniel_pach@interia.pl Best regards and congratulations on the beautiful work of Daniel

Daniel, I am sold out of the nozzles and instrument panel, with no further batches planned at this stage.

Some more work, appreciate the comments guys.

The kit is missing the floor of the cockpit, which is just the top surface of the wing. This was easy enough to whip up with some plastic card and a riveter tool.

The engine mounts are quite troublesome and weak and didn’t really line up the engine too well in the cowl. I cut them off just short of where the engine sits and have fixed the engine in place once it was lined up, by drilling holes into the tops of the cylinders through the cowling and fixing it in place with 4 brass rods superglued into position. I will trim these down flush with the surface.

ericg
Devotee

Previous