WIP_Working Lift-Span Bridge_Scratch-build

Member's Area Reader's Models
Photo's of Member's modelling projects and images of the completed articles

Re: WIP_Working Lift-Span Bridge_Scratch-build

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:31 pm

It has been over a month since my last postings and have not received a single response.
I am sorry that my scratch-build model does not warrant following.
Some loyal members here have been supportive, and I thank them.

Some say "keep posting, we are still watching".
If that was the case, then you would have noticed the lack of responses, lack of updates, and my signature; and you would have responded.

I have been too disappointed with this forum to bother carrying on,... and I had so much more to offer.

Peter.
Peter
Beginner

Postby Brenden S » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:50 pm

At the end of the day do we have to reply to every post that you put up? I go and read all the post as I click on new post since last visit. I admire the work that everyone does. Pretty pointless if I keep on posting, nice job keep it up on every thread.
Don't be disheartened by the lack of responses from everyone.
Your work is a huge undertaking and you are doing a top quality job.
Brenden S
Devotee

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Then you should have a 'like' button which makes it easier for everyone, including yourself.
Peter.
Peter
Beginner

Postby qfa_tsv » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:51 am

Well I'm responding to just let you know I have been following, but never commentating :|
not really my thing, but I do appreciate what has gone into this, really excellent modelling, not sure why you want a bunch of comments every time you post something though.
Graeme
qfa_tsv
Devotee

Postby bell209 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:29 am

Agreed. It's great work, Peter but I rarely get comments on my models every time I post something, either. Doesn't stop me from posting, building or commenting, though. Keep up the good work!
Rob

On the bench:
1/48 Westland Scout (converted from Fujimi Wasp)
1/48 Revell Tornado GR4 (from the IDS boxing)
1/48 Tamiya Lancaster B.III (Special)
bell209
Devotee

Postby erussell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:59 pm

I have used some of my extremely valuable time to look at every posting of your fine work and admire it. There is now no point in me looking again. Bye!
erussell
Devotee

Postby DesTROYer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Come here in anticipation of an update, and all I see is sour grapes. That’s pretty disappointing.
DesTROYer
Devotee

Postby DesTROYer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 pm

A bit hypocritical too, as I have just checked out all of your 47 posts, and all but two have been in this thread.
DesTROYer
Devotee

Postby AndrewDoppel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

I agree with the sentiments of all those above Peter. I have been looking in where time affords me to do so. Not everyone here comments on other's builds. I haven't seen your name against any other builder's threads for that matter either! You can tell by the number of views as to whether people are interested.
Regards
Andrew Doppel

AMI Moderator
AndrewDoppel
Devotee

Postby brad » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:12 am

I have been following this thread in awe at the extraordinary effort and, indeed, made a comment on Peter's work.

Don't turn your back on us Peter just because we don't make a comment. I would suggest that the great majority of people on here are not of the "instant gratification" school (and I don't see this as a bad thing) and prefer to lurk and watch more than make comment. As Andrew has stated above, take a look at the number of views, not the number of comments. This morning I had 17 unread threads and yours had the 4th highest number of views with the higher 3 threads being many months older than yours - I think you will find that your thread is actually quite a popular one, even if few actually comment. I must admit, too, that those encouraging comments can also be a distraction from the actual topic of the thread so, as a reader, I don't mind it when no-one comments (other than to add relevant information).

Sadly, the likes of Facebook have made people constantly crave for instant attention and recognition. Until recently, I had a radio show on the local community station. By its very nature, I very rarely received any feedback on my show but I continued on for a couple of years until I had to reluctantly give it up due to time constraints. If instant recognition had been an issue, I would have given it up after the first week.

Keep up the good work, Peter. It is worthy of being seen through until the end rather than have it end on a sad and sour note.

cheers,

bj
I also collect Australian war medals. Get in touch if you would like to know something about a group you might have or if you have some you would like to dispose of.
brad
Devotee

PreviousNext