CVS-21 HMAS Melbourne

Member's Area Group Builds HMAS Melbourne - Completed
A Group Build for all things HMAS Melbourne

Re: CVS-21 HMAS Melbourne

Postby traff » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:29 am

Spoke too soon. Looks like the modifications have been made. Purchased the fireflys and sea furys. Will not be back in Melbourne until maybe Christmas, will post photos then unless someone beats me to it.

Regards
traff
Devotee

Re: CVS-21 HMAS Melbourne

Postby traff » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Well, after 2 months away, I returned home yesterday to find some 1:400 Sea Furies and Fireflys from Kokoda waiting for me. They are much better than they looked on the web site. I will get a second lot of Sea Furies and have asked if it is possible to get folded wing Firefly's. If the A4's, Trackers, Seakings and eventual Gannets and Sea Venoms are of the same quality they should be good. I was lucky to get some WEM Colossus PE and 1:400 scale 40/60's just after they shut down. I will now get 1:400 scale RN FAA Decals from Starfighter Decals, 1:400 scale propellers from Freetime and 1:400 twin 40/60s from L'Arsenal (their singles may be better than the WEM ones also, but the WEM have the shields) and should be right to do a 1:400 Sydney off Korea with 805, 808 and 817 embarked. The boats may be an issue though. Unfortunately my attempts to photograph the aircraft have not been very successful. I will try again later.

If Nick can eventually do the PE mentioned on page 1, we should be in good shape for the Melbourne, particularly if someone can be found to do the decals for the later aircraft.
traff
Devotee

Previous