AeroWorks

Member's Area Reviews All other reviews
This area is for all those items that don't fit in the other areas but are still modelling related or can be used for modelling.

AeroWorks

Postby bell209 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:59 pm

I dropped into AeroWorks in Adelaide this afternoon looking for some accessories and was pleasantly surprised to find an old-style plastic model shop (although it's far neater then most I've been to)! Craig was very helpful and his extensive knowledge on our hobby is fundamental to the business. He has a great range of models (even some hard-to-find items), AM gear and tools and will order things he doesn't have on hand for you. He even had a full range of my favourite paints, ModelMaster enamels! Prices seemed very good to me. He's only open regularly Friday and Saturday but, as Molly used to say, "Do yourself a favour" and get in next time you're in town.

I have no affiliation with Craig but will definitely be back!
Rob

On the bench:
1/48 Westland Scout (converted from Fujimi Wasp)
1/48 Revell Tornado GR4 (from the IDS boxing)
bell209
Devotee

Re: AeroWorks

Postby harvs73 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:14 am

I have to agree. I have dealt with Aeroworks for mail order previously and it was a stress free experience. I am now dealing with him face to face and I even get in to the shop every now and then and it also a stress free experience, except for trying to get out of there without buying new models.....
David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International

Email: aussiemodeller@hotmail.com

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au
harvs73
Devotee

Re: AeroWorks

Postby bell209 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:21 pm

harvs73 wrote:... also a stress free experience, except for trying to get out of there without buying new models.....

Yep - I managed to resist this time (just) but there were some serious calls made to me from the shelves!
Rob

On the bench:
1/48 Westland Scout (converted from Fujimi Wasp)
1/48 Revell Tornado GR4 (from the IDS boxing)
bell209
Devotee