New Heller 1/72 Sherman M4 and M4A2 tanks.

Member's Area Reviews Ground related reviews
An area for reviews of all things that belong on the ground, including military and civilian vehicles, equipment and figures.

New Heller 1/72 Sherman M4 and M4A2 tanks.

Postby michel » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Hello Gents,

Here are some photos of the new Heller 1/72 Sherman tanks, an M4 and an M4A2.
These are new models, new molds, released just before Xmas last year.

They are great kits, not much to say about it, the quality is excellent, the built is easy, as for accuracy, Heller is based in Trun, Normandy, not far from the famous city of Falaise, so there are Sherman tanks in pretty much every road crossings. Photos, dimensions etc...all was taken from some of these tanks around. I have been told that the life expectancy of a Sherman during the Normandy battle was about 2 weeks.

M4

M4A2:

This boxing has all the same grey sprues as the M4 model, plus a little one in black for the specific details of the A2 version, plus two set of different tracks and of course its own decal sheet.

I have few of them in my stock and sale them for AUD 20.00 each through my business Ortenbourg-Hobbies.

Mike
michel
Devotee

Re: New Heller 1/72 Sherman M4 and M4A2 tanks.

Postby ZacTheKiwi » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:57 am

Given the recent news about Heller's financial issues, and the fact these are gorgeous little kits, I expect your stock will go down very quickly Mike! Thanks for the sprue shots, I may have to get one from you. Do you ship to NZ?
ZacTheKiwi
Devotee

Re: New Heller 1/72 Sherman M4 and M4A2 tanks.

Postby michel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:38 am

ZacTheKiwi wrote:Given the recent news about Heller's financial issues, and the fact these are gorgeous little kits, I expect your stock will go down very quickly Mike! Thanks for the sprue shots, I may have to get one from you. Do you ship to NZ?

Hi Zac,

Heller has been bought by Maped, a very big group, so now, wait and see. Following the French Laws, the new owner can't sell any asset for two years after the purchase. Let's hope it will get Heller back on track.

There are great kits these Sherman tanks, developed by a french guy who spent about 10 years at Tamiya and still work for them as a freelance.
As for my stock, I have only one Sherman left, the M4A2, and was going to put it on Ebay.
After this one, I am not sure if I will be able to get some Heller models anytime soon, they have now a distributor in Australia and I have been advice to contact them for my next orders, but so far, nothing, I don't even have their price list, purchase conditions...

I ship all around the world Zac, you would be my first Kiwi customer if you wish to deal with me !
michel
Devotee