Volks TA 152

Member's Area Reviews Air related reviews
An area for reviews of all item specifically air related.

Volks TA 152

Postby Creative Models Australia » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi all,

Thought I would do a little reveiw on the Volks 1/32nd TA152.

First up, this reveiw was done from a kit we do sell and had in stock, and now on it's way to a customer, hence why no pics of sprues out of the bags. I dont like doing reveiws of my own products, but thought this kit justifies it.

The reveiw is on the kit, plus all of the AM gear.

The box itelf is very sturdy, and well packed.

There are 8 sprues, one being clear

Next bag is the instruction book, decals and masks

The instruction book is well laid out, with many subassemblies, colour photos, colour markings and decal drawings. It is highly reccomended that you read and study the booklet many times, as this will help you in prepping for what to build and paint, and when and how, such as painting all of the bare metal surfaces, what needs to be painted before or after assembly etc.

The mouldings themselves are very nicely done, I didnt do a parts counts, but there is enough there to keep anyone happy, without being too over the top.

The design and feates of the kit are very nice too. Pretty much all panels are already opened up, with nice interior details moulded in place, such as access/inspection panels, gun bays, cowls etc. Of course these can be buttoned up too.

Detail of the parts is very crisp and sharp, and for those that liek to detail paint and weather will have a field day to bring out th ebest of these kits. I'd really love to see someone like Brett Green go to town on one of these.

As I'm already building one of these, I can say that construction has been going very smoothly, with no fit hassels at all, and minimal sanding/filling of joints/seams.

Decals look very nice and in register and provide quite a few marking options that would keep most people happy with.

As for accuracy, haha, yeah yeah, here I go again, I hear you all say. Well I have no idea, I'll leave for a rivet counter.

After market gear for this kit is also very nice. There are 3 etch sets, a white metail undercarriage set, resin tyre set, and turned brass barrels and pitots set.

Some of the ecth isnt for the faint hearted, such as the flaps, which are very thing and delicate, with many many complex folds to do, but hey do change the kit totally, and well worth it. Also the access panels are done in etch, and require the piano hinges to be rolled, and then joined to the opposing half, and are also fully workable, meaning you can pose them in any position you want.

This kit is available from us, as a complete set, kit and AM for $380

These are not cheap, but in my opinon are worth every penny. Every customer I have spoken to have all said the same commets, that will most likely only ever buy one, but all are glad they were going to town with all the AM gear as well.

This has been the first serious aircraft I have built in many years, and I highly reccomend this to anyone.

This is also the first reveiw I've done for many years, so if I have missed anything out, or you want any more info, please ask
Creative Models Australia
Devotee