The reviews forum

Member's Area Reviews
An area for modellers to do reviews on all things modelling related.

The reviews forum

Postby admin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:24 pm

This forum is for any reviews that a reader would like to post on items they have that are modelling related. My intention is that they are constructive reviews that provide useful information to other modellers, not just 'this is crap' type reviews that we have all seen. If the item is bad then please explain whyit is bad, preferably with references, images etc where possible.

You don't need to do long articles for a review, just some images and your thoughts on the item are what is needed. If there is enough reviews put here on different types of items eg land, air, sea, paints etc I will expand the forum and break it into seperate areas.

Please also note that all reviews are YOUR thoughts on the item and not AMI's and others can put there comments to back up your review or disagree with it, including the manufacturer.
David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au
admin
Site Admin

Re: The reviews forum

Postby Nav76 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:29 pm

admin wrote:This forum is for any reviews that a reader would like to post on items they have that are modelling related. My intention is that they are constructive reviews that provide useful information to other modellers, not just 'this is crap' type reviews that we have all seen. If the item is bad then please explain whyit is bad, preferably with references, images etc where possible.

You don't need to do long articles for a review, just some images and your thoughts on the item are what is needed. If there is enough reviews put here on different types of items eg land, air, sea, paints etc I will expand the forum and break it into seperate areas.

Please also note that all reviews are YOUR thoughts on the item and not AMI's and others can put there comments to back up your review or disagree with it, including the manufacturer.

Bloody great idea Dave.

Will be doing some decal reviews first, then if I get some good feedback I'll move onto kits.
On the Bench:
Eduard 1/48 La-7
Italeri 1/48 Mirage F-1C

Last completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 F4U-5N Corsair
Nav76
Devotee

Postby admin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Kev, it is actualy Glen from CMA's idea I just only found the time to implement it. The more reviews the better it will be!
David Harvey
Editor

admin
Site Admin

Postby Creative Models Australia » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Great to see this one up Dave.

And to support this, we will supply products to some lucky modellers to reveiw.

But before everyone puts their hands up for the freebies, a few things:

Please email me direct if you would like to reveiw some of our products, and what genres, you do, i.e. military, 1.35th, axis etc.

If your going to do a reveiw of our products, we would prefer to send you something that you are interested in, and appeals to you, and what and how you model and maybe even have some knowledge about,

Products will only be supplied for those that will do a BUILD review. We no longer provide products for in box reviews, as these are pointless half the time.

We have over 22,000 products available from about 80 manufacturers that we deal with direct, and are either the exclusive distributor for, or an authorised dealer.

A lot of our products are aftermarket, so be prepared for etch, resin, conversion, detail sets, decals, masks, vinyl, latex etc etc.

We do also have a lot of kits too, so for those that done use AM you wont miss out.

This isn't a charity either, so please dont be dissapointed if we dont send anything to you straight away or at all!

Sound fair?

Let the rumble begin.
Creative Models Australia
Devotee

Postby Nav76 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 pm

OK,

How would everyone like, as a first, for me to do a review of the Red Roo Kittyhawks over Milne Bay sheet in 48 scale? I don't believe this one has been reviewed at any stage so if keen I will pull the sheet out of the stash and have the review up here by the end of the weekend.
On the Bench:
Eduard 1/48 La-7
Italeri 1/48 Mirage F-1C

Last completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 F4U-5N Corsair
Nav76
Devotee

Postby admin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 pm

Glen, thank you for the support of AMI in such a manner as it's good to see Australian businesses supporting AMI.

All, Glen has made an extremely generous offer here so please do not abuse it nor mess it up for those that take part in it. So please, if you get a freebie do a build review as Glen has laid out or everyone loses out.
David Harvey
Editor

admin
Site Admin