Mach 2 Avro York instructions

Member's Area Member's Forum
Discussion of all things modelling.

Mach 2 Avro York instructions

Postby rodenlee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi all

I recently bought a Mach 2 York from Metro Hobbies during their sale and I have found on rifling through the kit that it doesn't have any instructions.

Now while I can probably nut the process out, I am wondering if anyone has a set of instructions they would be willing to copy.

This is all predicated on the assumption that the kit actually has instructions...

BTW I am also in the market for 1/72 RAAF York decals is anyone knows of any

Cheers
Shaun
rodenlee
Devotee

Re: Mach 2 Avro York instructions

Postby erussell » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:43 am

Sent you an email with most of your answers.
erussell
Devotee

Postby rodenlee » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Thanks very much for your email Ed.

Turns out I DO have the instructions...they're a series of pictures on the reverse of the A4 decal placement page...the wonders of short run kits!

Now for the decals...anyone??

Cheers
Shaun
rodenlee
Devotee

Postby Rabbit Leader » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:02 am

Shaun,
If I'm not mistaken wasn't the RAAF York just adorned with typical RAAF WW2 era Blue / White roundels, fin flash and an 8 inch RAF Black serial? It may also have worn the words 'Endeavour" when it served as the Governor General's mount.

I doubt you will find a specific aftermarket RAAF York decal sheet, however there are plenty of Roundel and serial sheets on the market.
I can highly recommend Tasman decals such as this eBay link - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-48-TASMAN- ... Swgv5ZSqlZ

Yes - this sheet is 1/48 scale, however you'll need fairly large roundels so this might work. Just work out what size you need and see if there's a suitable match for your York. I'd give or take an inch or two here and there.

Cheers... Dave
Rabbit Leader
Devotee

Postby erussell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Indeed there is a specific RAAF York sheet for the GG aircraft. Unfortunately it is no longer available. it came with the CMR conversion set. If you find someone who has done an alternative scheme (maybe Dan-Air, Berlin Airlift or a banana carrier) you might get lucky.
If we thought we could sell, say 30 of them, we would re-release it but we don't - ahhh the laws of supply and demand!
http://www.cmrmodels.co.uk/discontinued ... n-set.html
http://www.internetmodeler.com/2005/aug ... R-York.php
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12896&start=0
erussell
Devotee

Postby rodenlee » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks very much to all...okay Ed, looks like I need to find 29 like-minded friends...could be a challenge!!

Cheers
Shaun
rodenlee
Devotee