Can I make a GB suggestion?

Member's Area Group Builds
For all modelling group builds

Re: Can I make a GB suggestion?

Postby Nav76 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:10 am

Creative Models Australia wrote:Yeah all good there Daz.

For me personally, I would only do a specific group build, whih I find more fun and interesting as you have several modelers doing the same kit, and bouncing ideas of each other.

For me, doing a group build such as theabove, is, well, no different from a normal days modelling???

Glen,

I'm confused :?

I thought that a classic Monogram GB would be a good starting point. I don't understand how you think it is not a good idea. I guess the easiest way to determine what you consider to be a good GB idea would be some examples from yourself. Do you want us to do the EXACT same kit? I can do this if you want, I have an F-84F in the stash too and would look good to have two next to each other at a future meeting. Remember you have a certain Monogram F-5F that I may have slipped your way that would fit beautifully into this mix????? Keen to hear your ideas.

And I am surprised to say the least that a few more haven't put their hands forward for this GB. I was thinking the site and people's mojos may have gone back to the old days, but maybe I am missing something?

So to this end, everyone, make SUGGESTIONS, we only have this one and one other for TT a/c. Get involved :!:
On the Bench:
Airfix 1/48 P-51D

Last completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon
Nav76
Devotee

Postby Nav76 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 am

Because the Dragonfly etch set has gone astray, I'm now FULLY committed to a Delta Dagger. I have a resin seat for it and some AM decals options available. I should be starting it later today or through the week. Bring back the glory days! But hey, didn't build one of these in my earlier modelling years, even though I wanted to. I guess this presents the opportunity right now.
On the Bench:
Airfix 1/48 P-51D

Last completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon
Nav76
Devotee

Postby graham121 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:40 pm

I for one embrace the idea of group builds; indeed I am involved in a couple on another Forum at the moment - a Battle of Britain build - quite specific, and a Diorama build - very generic, and the last one was a Mosquito group build, again fairly specific but not limited to only one kit from one manufacturer.

There is only one problem with a Monogram group build - I do not have a single Monogram kit in the Stash!!

However, as mentioned elsewhere, something with an Australian theme may be the way to go for the first group (or theme) build on the new AMI site.
Graham
graham121
Devotee

Postby Creative Models Australia » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi Kev,

Not saying thats it not a good idea at all, just not for me. For me personally, I would only be intested in a specific group build. As for Aussie builds, probably wouldnt be interested in that either, I've never built a single model with Aussie markings, probably wont either, again, just doesnt interest me.

I would be interested mainly in armour builds, as I seldom do any acircraft these days. They just take too much time and effort to build.
Creative Models Australia
Devotee

Previous