"Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Member's Area Group Builds
For all modelling group builds

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby RayS » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:52 am

Here are my entries, One will be a TAA jet in either delivery scheme or the Coral Islander jet.

Image

If I have time I will also do a RAAF DC-9-80 :D

Image

I will think of a back story later....
Ray
*****
Bench stuff:
...lots
Image
User avatar
RayS
Devotee
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 am
Location: The Bush Capital

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby TOR » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:58 am

Very cool Ray :D . Glad you are in the GB!!!. Love ya Super 80 34SQN wif concept. I was also thinking of a wif 34SQN MD-87, (even got the Welsh kit to do it). Were you there in 1988 when McDonnell Douglas came to the squadron with the BAC 111 replacement MD-87 prpoosal???
TOR
TOR
Devotee
 
Posts: 3423
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby RayS » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm

TOR wrote:Very cool Ray :D . Glad you are in the GB!!!. Love ya Super 80 34SQN wif concept. I was also thinking of a wif 34SQN MD-87, (even got the Welsh kit to do it). Were you there in 1988 when McDonnell Douglas came to the squadron with the BAC 111 replacement MD-87 prpoosal???
TOR


I was there in '88, arrived in Oct '87 in fact but I don't recall the MD proposal. I do recall the BAe146 visiting after the Bicenntenial airshow with their proposal that included the BAe125.
Ray
*****
Bench stuff:
...lots
Image
User avatar
RayS
Devotee
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 am
Location: The Bush Capital

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby TOR » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:24 pm

RayS wrote:
TOR wrote:Very cool Ray :D . Glad you are in the GB!!!. Love ya Super 80 34SQN wif concept. I was also thinking of a wif 34SQN MD-87, (even got the Welsh kit to do it). Were you there in 1988 when McDonnell Douglas came to the squadron with the BAC 111 replacement MD-87 prpoosal???
TOR


I was there in '88, arrived in Oct '87 in fact but I don't recall the MD proposal. I do recall the BAe146 visiting after the Bicenntenial airshow with their proposal that included the BAe125.



Yeah...the McDonnell Douglas presentation was conducted upstairs in the crew room. Very impressive with model, (which the CO got to keep), artisit impression and all. Also remember the BAe presentation very clearly. The HS-125 even did a task to Perth with Kim Beazley, just to demonstrate it's adaptability to the 34SQN mission. It also looked good in RAAF colours :D
TOR
TOR
Devotee
 
Posts: 3423
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby scotty100368 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Guys,

Just a quick heads-up what's coming, by popular request!
Hopefully it won't be long and you'll have another option for this GB.

Image

Cheers!

Scott Garard
QF Ramp
CBR
scotty100368
Beginner
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby qfa_tsv » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:07 am

scotty100368 wrote:Guys,

Just a quick heads-up what's coming, by popular request!
Hopefully it won't be long and you'll have another option for this GB.

Image

Cheers!

Scott Garard
QF Ramp
CBR



Oh yes
Graeme
User avatar
qfa_tsv
Devotee
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:57 am
Location: Townsville

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby TOR » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:10 am

Hi Scott,
Looks great!!. I am assuming 1:144th??, will this decal set be sized for the Airfix or Fly kit???
TOR
TOR
Devotee
 
Posts: 3423
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby scotty100368 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 am

Oops, sorry Ray!

Yes, it's 1/144 for the Fly/AZ kit.

Scott.
scotty100368
Beginner
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby davec » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:47 am

scotty100368 wrote:
Hopefully it won't be long and you'll have another option for this GB.



Any chance you might add a couple more - the early (red/white/blue) Ansett-ANA scheme, and the "Farewell Australia" markings carried by VH-CZA during her last week of service? I find I've got a spare Fly kit that needs some proper markings ...
And so it was that later, as the miller told his tale,
That her face, at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale.
davec
Devotee
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:50 am

Re: "Tribute to the Ausy DC-9" AMI Group Build

Postby scotty100368 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Any chance you might add a couple more - the early (red/white/blue) Ansett-ANA scheme, and the "Farewell Australia" markings carried by VH-CZA during her last week of service?


Dave, I found photos of the farewell banner and have emailed Peter Mahoney (Hawkeye) who did the recent TAA & Ansett re-worked sheets for Red Roo, so maybe he can do it as an add-on item. The earlier scheme may be a possibility later on.

Scott.
scotty100368
Beginner
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 pm

PreviousNext